For over 30 years, we’ve been running our Teaching Training Program at The Pilates Center, and we’ve made it our goal to reach as many people with Pilates as possible.
It’s in that spirit that we take a humanistic approach so that we can meet every person’s individual needs and teach a whole-body workout that promotes mind-body connection.
You can now find and access our comprehensive classical Teacher Educational Programs and Formal Lecture Series online at iTPC, which is our online Pilates Teaching Educational platform. As The Pilates Center has grown over the years, we’ve adapted our Pilates Educational Programs and Formal Lecture Series to both live and online so that they’re more accessible to anyone who is interested.
To make it easy, our online management system has all of our Pilates Educational Program requirements and our Formal Lecture Series taught by our very own Amy Taylor Alpers and Rachel Taylor Segel. The even better news is that our Pilates Educational Programs are available from anywhere in the world because of the help of our Host Advisors and Licensed Teacher Trainers.
With us, you can gain access to experienced instructors, hours of education to become certified, and a vast network of iTPC-trained teachers and trainees who are there to help you learn and teach the original, classical method of Pilates founded by Joseph Pilates.
And if you are still in the process of researching Pilates Educational Programs, here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when doing your research:
- See how long the Director of the Education Program (the person that administers the teaching of the program) has been teaching teachers
- See how long the Director of the Education Program (the person that administers the teaching of the program) has been teaching clients
- Find out how long the Teacher Trainer has been teaching teachers
- Find out how long the Teacher Trainer has been teaching clients
- Check to see if the school has a Refund Policy and a Catalog
- Check to see if the program is comprehensive
- Find out if the prices of the program are available online
- Find out if there is a licensed vocational school in the state where the business resides
- See if the school requires the graduated students to complete CEC’s only with them to maintain their Certificate of Completion
- Find out how long the school has been in business
If you’re interested in learning about our iTPC Pilates Educational Programs, you can find program information here. We’d love you to join our mission to bring quality Pilates teaching to the world so more people can be empowered to transform their health and Return to Life.
As we are always expanding our knowledge and understanding of Pilates, we’re also excited to announce the brand new iTPC Mat Education Program beginning on March 3rd. Stay tuned for more details, and be sure to sign-up for our newsletter so you can be the first to know about all we have to offer to support you on your Pilates journey.
About The Pilates Center
The Pilates Center was founded in Boulder in 1990 by sisters Amy Taylor Alpers and Rachel Taylor Segel. The sisters trained under Romana Kryzanowska, Joseph Pilates’ protégé and inheritor of his NYC studio. Amy and Rachel have worked to foster the legacy and tradition of the original, classical method of Pilates while also incorporating a humanistic approach to meet every individual’s needs. For over 30 years, they have made it their mission to heal the world by empowering people to transform their health and Return to Life through Pilates.