Take control of your journey in 2023 and join The Pilates Center’s family of qualified teachers to find your way to peace and Pilates. For over 30 years, TPC has helped hundreds of Pilates teachers find their own unique teaching voice and style. “We teach uniform development using the Pilates Method to address the individual and unique bodies in front of us,” says Kelli Burkhalter Hutchins, TPC’s Director of Education. “We really want our students to find their own voices and use their own experiences when learning how to teach the Pilates Method.”
Whether you are a new teacher or an existing Pilates teacher, you can learn more about each of our program’s specific entry and completion requirements here and view a full comparison of all of our programs here. Once you’ve decided which program is right for you, you can complete your online application and submit your enrollment fees. If you have questions, contact Kelli Burkhalter Hutchins for more program information at email@example.com.
You can start with any of the following New Teacher Training Programs:
- Intermediate: A 450-hour program that takes 12 months to complete, and when combined with Intermediate Plus, it makes up the first half of the Advanced program.
- Intermediate Plus: A 600-hour program that takes 12 months to complete, and when combined with Intermediate, it makes up the first half of the Advanced program. Also important to note is that this specific program offers more teaching assistance.
- Advanced: The original program that has been offered for over 30 years—a 950-hour comprehensive teacher training program that takes 12-18 months to complete.
You can also try out the following Existing Teacher Training Programs which dive deeper into the Pilates Method:
- Bridge Other: A 500-hour program that takes 12 months to complete. This program is for graduates of other Pilates teacher training programs as it takes a deeper dive into the Pilates Method and helps you understand the whys and hows of each exercise. You will also learn new teaching skills to communicate better with clients.
- Bridge Intermediate: A 500-hour program that takes 12 months to complete. For this program, you need to have graduated from an Intermediate Program as a prerequisite.
- Bridge Plus: A 350-hour program that takes 6 months to complete. For this program, you need to have graduated from an Intermediate Plus Program as a prerequisite.
- Master’s Program: A 116-hour Continuing Education program that takes 3 years to complete. This program is for teachers who have completed a 450-hour program. The Master’s Program introduces The Pilates Center’s philosophy on the Pilates Method.
- TPC Post Graduate Studies Program: This program allows you to work closely with your chosen mentor from The Pilates Center’s highly experienced staff on a subject that deeply interests you. You’ll also develop critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills in order to acquire true command of your topic. The end result will be a publishable article or a powerful workshop that you are fully prepared to teach.
- Mentorship Program: This is an individualized program for teachers that have completed a 450-hour comprehensive program. This program will help you enrich your Pilates teaching journey with help from our experienced Pilates mentors—work with a mentor of your choosing without needing to complete a formal program. This program is great for getting your questions answered and receiving personalized feedback.
- Enthusiast Program: This special learning program is designed for individuals who want to have a deeper understanding of Pilates but do not want to teach it.
We couldn’t be more proud of our Pilates teachers and all that they’ve accomplished! Hear what some of our teachers have to say about our Pilates Teacher Training Programs:
“The Teacher Training Program has made me a better teacher. Rachel and Amy’s influence has been a really huge factor in making me who I am.”
“It was somewhat surreal—first being a student at The Pilates Center, then being a teacher trained by Amy and Rachel, and then getting hired to work with them; it was a whole different way of being at the studio.”
“The commitment to people’s health is my favorite thing about The Pilates Center. I also love the myriad of teachers that are there. I just love hearing everyone’s ideas—I’ll start teaching something and then I’ll hear another teacher say it. We notice we all end up on the same theme; we’re all kind of hearing each other and feeling each other’s vibrations.”
“The Pilates Center is committed to providing the most solid and comprehensive Teacher Training Program available. The positive benefits of what they teach will be felt exponentially in the world of Pilates for many years to come. And as The Pilates Center’s mission states, it could be a factor in healing the world.”
“There are all kinds of great superstars in the Pilates world. I feel like TPC represents a beautiful constellation of unique stars that complement and balance one another. Each TPC teacher works to help not only their colleagues shine brighter, but YOU to shine brighter so that you can become the best and brightest you can be.”
And as we look forward to the year ahead, we want to let you know that we have updated our pricing for drop-in classes, lessons, and packages. Click here for more information.
About The Pilates Center
The Pilates Center was founded in Boulder in 1990 by sisters Amy Taylor Alpers and Rachel Taylor Segel. The sisters trained under Romana Kryzanowska, Joseph Pilates’ protégé and inheritor of his NYC studio. Amy and Rachel have worked to foster the legacy and tradition of the original, classical method of Pilates while also incorporating a humanistic approach to meet every individual’s needs. For over 30 years, they have made it their mission to heal the world by empowering people to transform their health and Return to Life through Pilates.