Read Articles from the Media
- Small business owner Aliyah Hardy pulls from her background as a Big Oil engineer to open a Pilates center
- The Archival Pilates Exercises
- 5 Lineages, 5 Days of Pilates People Power
- The Pilates Method – a Living Legacy
- Reflections on a Pilates Instructor Training Program – An Interview with Amy Alpers and Rachel Segel of The Pilates Center of Boulder
- The Art of Teaching Pilates – An Interview with Rachel Segel
- Why We Need Pilates Mentors – Pilates Pro Magazine
- The Rock Solid “Boulder School” of Pilates – Pilates Style Magazine
- To Keep In Shape: Act Like an Animal – So Says Joe Pilates, a unique man with an unusual system of exercise called contrology
Watch Amy’s Balanced Body Podcast Series!
- Breathing with Mat Work – Amy Taylor Alpers demonstrates some mat exercises that can increase and empower your breath mechanism.
- Breathing with Springs on the Cadillac – Amy Taylor Alpers shows how the springs work with the exercise “The Breathing” on the Cadillac.
- Breathing with Tricep Press & Swan – Amy Taylor Alpers shows how the chair can enable your breath, with two classic Pilates exercises; Swan and Tricep Press on the chair.
- Breathing with Standing Push Down – Amy Taylor Alpers shows how the chair can enable your breath, with two classic Pilates chair exercises.
- Breath On the Chair – Amy Taylor Alpers demonstrates how the chair can enable your breath, using two classic Pilates exercises.
- Breathing with Up & Down Stretch – Amy Taylor Alpers shows how breathing is affected by the Reformer springs in both Up Stretch and Down Stretch.
- Breathing with Elephant & … – Amy Taylor Alpers shows a few classic Pilates exercises on the Reformer and how breath is key in each.
- Breathing with Knee Stretch Series : Amy Taylor Alpers : 11/10/10 : 5m36s
- Breathing with Stomach Massage Amy Taylor Alpers : 10/27/10: 4m42s : 35.1megs
- Breathing in Pilates — Breathing with Coordination Amy Taylor Alpers Podcast S2E10
- Amy Taylor Alpers explores “Breath on the Chair”: 1/7/11
- Amy Taylor Alpers uses the Push Through Exercise, Shoulder Massage and Leg Circles to demonstrate how springs demonstrate the breath mechanisms – 9/15/2010
- Breathing in Pilates – With and Without Springs – 8/ 27/ 2010
- Breathing in Pilates – Looking at Footwork : Amy Taylor Alpers : 08/20/10 : 7m30s
- Breathing in Pilates – 8/15/ 2010
The Everything Pilates Book
NOW Autographed Copies In Stock for $14.95
24-Book Box for $288 – Only $12 per book
10 Books for $135 – That’s $13.50 per book
To order, contact the front desk of The Pilates Center at 303-494-3400 or